The Project Engineer’s position establishes the fundamental principles for an individual’s growth and success within McCarthy. In this hands-on role, you will gain experience with project controls and communications as well as get exposure to the technical aspects of constructing a project. This position is the initial step in developing the managerial and communication skills for project management.
*Must be willing to travel/relocate to projects throughout the Midwest region.
- General Contract and Subcontract administration
- Monitor/document job-site safety and accident prevention
- Construction scheduling
- Procurement and expediting of material and equipment
- Mechanical, electrical and piping systems coordination
- Shop drawing/submittal review and coordination
- Project cost review, reporting, updating and accounting
- Review of subcontractor applications for payment
- Participation in/documentation of project coordination meetings
- Supervision/coordination of subcontractors’ field installations
- Review/negotiate change proposal pricing from subcontractors and prepare change proposal pricing for self-performed work
- Change order documentation and associated cost reporting and maintenance
- Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
- Maintenance of As-Built plans
- Quality control and project closeout
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in a team environment required
- Must be geographically mobile and able to relocate within the region
- Construction internship or other related construction work experience preferred
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.