Reports to: Production Manager
The Assistant Production Manager is responsible for
directing and coordinating the activities of all production departments with
the assistance of the Area Managers and Team Captains. The Assistant Production
Manager will provide constant communication, feedback and recognition to
employees to promote good Team Member relations and morale.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing to work effectively with
and actively communicate with the Safety, Quality Assurance, and Production
- Works closely with the PM to determine the manpower levels
necessary to meet the production schedule in an efficient manner.
- Works closely with the PM evaluating the plant layout and
efficiencies, quantifying if any changes or improvements are worthy of
recommendation based on an economic justification.
- Assist the Area Managers with technical support and advice
on the proper handling of manufacturing and personnel opportunities.
- Review the tardiness and absenteeism with the Area Managers
and assign utility workers to ensure efficient utilization of labor and to
ensure the production line remains balanced and on schedule.
- Verify that every department has completed their production
for the day and the plant is clean and orderly per the end of the day
- Make frequent departmental inspections to make sure that
quality standards are being maintained, materials are being stored and handled
properly, and scrap/damaged materials are being properly recorded and
- Maintain daily contact with Area Managers and team members
to evaluate any opportunities and encourage two-way communication between team
members and Supervision, and offer appreciation for team member efforts.
- Review the condition of plant equipment for safety and
maintenance requirements and report any deficiencies to the Production Manager.
Any expenditure for new or improved equipment must be approved by the
- Conduct weekly meetings with Area Managers to review their
progress with the Quality Team and Safety Team.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, both personal and
professional, to set a good example for all team members.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Diplomatic, collaborative nature
- Ability to lead others during both calm and turbulent times
- Expert communication skills at all levels of the
- Punctual & skilled at time management and meeting
Education and Qualifications:
- 5 years of upper level Production management experience
- Proven experience managing 20+ production team members
- 10 years of experience in manufactured housing
- Ability to develop and follow established processes with
- Autonomous leadership capability
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their
own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive
401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and
part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their
financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, tuition
reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
- As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better
Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to
causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
- Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following
Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best
Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- At Clayton, we encourage
holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and
occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis
of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.