Assist Project Manager in coordination of projects such as developing a new facility; the addition, expansion or extension of an existing facility; or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time.
- Assists a project manager in planning the work schedule and coordinating project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. Processes day-to-day administrative items (i.e., submittals, material requisitions, requests for information, applications for payment, etc.) under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Works in the field with production crews to gain an understanding of life on the jobsite and to learn more about mechanical systems including plumbing, ductwork, piping, and equipment.
- Assists in and learns how to prepare special reports, studies and statistical analysis requiring research, development and/or interpretation of data that is validated by the working supervisor. Compiles project close out documentation.
- Becomes exposed to project estimates and is shown how the estimate breakout is processed into the job cost system. Assists estimators in cost review proposals for new projects. Learns material takeoff, estimating and pricing procedures for changes to work scope as well as for new project estimating.
- Visits job sites and performs work inspections, checks job progress, and resolves project and contract issues.
- Coordinates distribution and retrieval of information to and from the project manager, superintendent, general contractor, suppliers, and vendors.
- Assists management and marketing in developing and maintaining strong business relationships with owners, contractors, vendors, and other company personnel.
- Drafts and/or edits letters, memos, reports, and procedures as required for review by a Project Manager.
- Communicates all project issues to the appropriate level of management in a timely manner.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Sciences, Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering degree is required.
0-5 years of experience.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent presentation skills.
Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach.