Be the driving force of your success!
Come join our Award Winning Team.
Sunland Asphalt & Construction, LLC. strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work because here at Sunland Asphalt our vision is: ‘To be the best place in the world to work.’
Sunland Asphalt offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision
- Life/Disability Insurances
- Award Winning Peers & Projects
- And A Foundation Built on Safety
CDL Drivers/Operators and Laborers must hold a valid CDL driver license. CDL Drivers work as part of a crew and at times may also operate equipment or provide general labor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Sunland’s Core Values at the forefront.
- Must work quickly, productively and safely to meet production goals as outlined by the foreman, superintendent and/or production manager.
- Operate heavy equipment such as trucks, screeds, rollers, pavers, paving finishing machines, paving curbing machines and front end loaders to apply asphalt products according to job specifications.
- Know, understand and comply with all Department of Transportation, (DOT) as well as state and local regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle is road-worthy prior to leaving the yard and/or jobsite and work directly with mechanics to guarantee any repairs needed are made to the vehicle prior to leaving the yard.
- Inspect truck and trailer before and after trips and completes DVIRs, to ensure compliance with state, federal and local laws.
- Use Company’s suggested method to compile, maintain and log driving hours as required by state, federal and local laws.
- Actively participate in job-site and safety meetings and all Company related training.
- Must be a strong communicator and be in constant contact with the paver operator, truck drivers and general laborers.
- May operate trucks to transport equipment to and from production sites as required and assist in the maintenance of all equipment.
- Inspect, clean and maintain equipment and machinery.
- Invoke Sunland’s Core Values.
- May set up and tear down equipment.
- Maintain a clean job site; pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day.
- Serve as front-line company representative and must provide excellent service to the customer and to the public.
- Use equipment and/or an assortment of hand tools such as rakes, shovels, wheel barrels, etc.
- Perform all other general laborer work as needed.
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- C ustomer Focus Customer Orientation
- O wnership Results Driven, Performance, Time and Stress Management and Composure
- R elationships Teamwork Orientation, Diversity and Inclusion
- E thics Honesty, Integrity, Do the Right Thing
- S AFETY The Foundation of Everything We Do
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the company’s drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite hazards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position operates at professional construction sites, requiring the ability to communicate with verbally others on site, in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed materials, signs and directions, stamina to maintain attention despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one’s self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles, trailers, machinery, equipment and other tools within local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- This position operates in a professional field environment. The position requires working outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS
- This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
Education, Work Experience and Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year related experience is preferred.
- Fluent in English, i.e., able to speak, read and write English preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- A current, Class A, CDL license in the state where the majority of work is being performed is required.
- A Hazmat or tanker endorsement may be required depending on position/dept./division.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical and maintain a current medical card.
- Must pass a DOT drug test and a safety road test.
- Must have a clean motor-vehicle record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check.
Sunland Asphalt is an equal employment opportunity employer.