Be the driving force of your success!
Come join our Award Winning Team.
Sunland Asphalt & Construction, LLC. strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work because here at Sunland Asphalt our vision is: ‘To be the best place in the world to work.’
Voted as one of Phoenix Business Journal’s ‘Best Places to Work,’ Sunland offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision
- Life/Disability Insurances
- Award Winning Peers & Projects
- And A Foundation Built on Safety
The Civil Mechanic performs skilled tasks in the repair of all fleet vehicles, machinery, motors, tools and equipment used by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Sunland’s Core Values at the forefront.
- Must be an advocate of safety and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Perform and prioritize repairs and/or maintenance in the field on heavy equipment and trucks such as pavers, rollers, milling machines, dump trucks, water trucks, boot trucks, front-end loaders, scrapers, skid steers, skip loaders and motor graders to include such things as fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires and clutches. Change filters, and oil and lubricate vehicles and motor driven equipment. May also maintain other fleet vehicles.
- Respond to requests from supervisors to complete any and all repairs and maintenance, prepare and close out work orders, and relay work orders back to fleet admin and/or immediate supervisor.
- Diagnose, service and repair trucks/equipment using electronic scan tools.
- Actively participate in job-site and safety meetings and all Company related training.
- Work closely with all shop employees to maintain a clean and safe work environment and keep tools, equipment and work area secured, organized and in good working condition.
- May order fuel, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- C ustomer Focus – Customer Orientation
- O wnership – Results Driven, Performance, Time and Stress Management and Composure
- R elationships – Teamwork Orientation, Diversity and Inclusion
- E thics – Honesty, Integrity, Do the Right Thing
- S AFETY – The Foundation of Everything We Do
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the company’s drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite hazards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position operates at professional construction field sites and/or construction shop environment requiring the ability to communicate verbally with others on site, in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed materials, signs, computer screens and directions, stamina to maintain attention despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, finger, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around sites or shop or otherwise position one’s self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles, trailers, equipment and other tools within local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- Will be required to work outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
Education and Work Experience
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years heavy equipment maintenance required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Scan tool experience is a plus.
- Must be fluent in English, i.e. must be able to speak, read and write English.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean motor-vehicle record.
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required.
- Must have basic tool set to perform preventative maintenance.
Sunland Asphalt is an equal employment opportunity employer.