Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is currently seeking an experienced Commissioning Project Engineer to be located at our data center project in Leesburg, VA.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in directing and managing the commissioning process (level 1 through level 5) on the project inclusive of the startup plan, commissioning schedule and functional testing
- Oversee the inspection process during commissioning to ensure work is delivered in a timely manner, meeting all customer expectations and specifications
- Direct and handle the commissioning process on the project inclusive of the startup plan, commissioning schedule and functional testing
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over, and training
- Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Resolve site commissioning issues and concerns that the customer may have
- Participate in factory witness testing as applicable
What We’re Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, Architectural, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering is preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years’ experience overseeing MEP scopes preferably with a mechanical or electrical contractor; and Mission Critical/Data Center commissioning experience. Experience in a fast-paced environment; proven history of leading others successfully and to teach, develop and mentor others.
- Skills: Ability to read and interpret construction documents, knowledge of construction methods and materials, and the ability to communicate, negotiate and problem solve are all required skills. Candidate must also have time management and project organizational skills to be successful in this role.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Apple products (iPhone & iPad) and have the ability to learn specific software. Solid systems experience with Procore, JDE, Bluebeam and Asta is preferred. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.