Due to our growth, Suntec Concrete is seeking concrete finisher to join the team in our Phoenix Region. Concrete Finishers are responsible for smoothing and finishing of poured concrete floors, slabs, walls, tilt-walls, elevated slabs, and site work to specified quality using hand tools or power tools to include floats, trowels, and screeds.
All field and project site positions are considered safety-sensitive positions.
“Safety-sensitive” positions includes tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could cause an impairment or decrease job performance, and where the employee has the responsibility for his or her own safety and the safety of people around them.
Key Responsibilities :
- Smooths and finishes surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, slabs, elevated slabs, and sitework
- Spread concrete to specified depth and workable consistency
- Levels, smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straight edge, float, machine trowels, and/or power screed ( Riders, Laser screeds)
- Finishes concrete surfaces using power trowel; rub and patch concrete to meet quality standards
- Loads, transports, and unloads tools, equipment, and supplies required for each project
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning activities with tools and equipment
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety policies and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to adhere to all safety requirements
- Must be able to work safety in all surroundings, and with team members.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
- Perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Must have excellent stamina.
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl; potentially for long periods.
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures.
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Work safely and successfully as a team.
- Ability to understand and follow directions with moderate supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively