Build your career from the ground up.
Come join our Award Winning Team.
Sunland Asphalt & Construction, Inc. strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work because here at Sunland Asphalt our vision is: ‘To be the best place in the world to work.’
Voted as one of Phoenix Business Journal’s ‘Best Places to Work,’ Sunland offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision
- Life/Disability Insurances
- Award Winning Peers & Projects
- And A Foundation Built on Safety
The Concrete Finisher/ Form-Setter performs a variety of physical tasks to include using power tools and/or hand tools for applying concrete products as defined by each job/project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Sunland’s Core Values at the forefront.
- Must work quickly, productively and safely to meet production goals as outlined by the Foreman, Superintendent and/or Production Manager.
- Follow direction of the Foreman and/or Superintendent with regards to daily production schedule and activities.
- Must be an advocate of safety and follow safety policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in job-site and safety meetings and all Company related training.
- Works in conjunction with Foreman or Crew Leader to ensure the job-site is safe and traffic is controlled prior to commencing work.
- Must be a strong communicator and be in constant contact with the paver operator, truck drivers and general laborers.
- Inspect, clean and maintain equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for reporting problems and malfunction equipment and/or machinery to supervisor and/or shop personnel.
- May set up and tear down equipment.
- Maintain a clean job site; pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day.
- Understand material handling and storage in compliance with SDS sheets.
- Coordinate and work with contractors, sub-contractors and vendors to complete job.
- Serve as front-line Company representative and must provide excellent service to the customer and to the public.
- Use equipment and/or an assortment of hand tools such as rakes, shovels, wheel barrels, etc.
- Perform all other general laborer work as needed.
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- C ustomer Focus Customer Orientation
- O wnership Results Driven, Performance, Time and Stress Management and Composure
- R elationships Teamwork Orientation, Diversity and Inclusion
- E thics Honesty, Integrity, Do the Right Thing
- S AFETY The Foundation of Everything We Do
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the company’s drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite hazards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position operates at professional construction sites, requiring the ability to communicate with verbally others on site, in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed materials, signs and directions, stamina to maintain attention despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one’s self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles, trailers, machinery, equipment and other tools within local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- This position operates in a professional field environment. The position requires working outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS
- This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
Education, Work Experience and Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year related experience is preferred.
- Ability to speak read and write English is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- A current driver’s license is preferred.
- Must have a clean motor-vehicle record if operating a Company vehicle.
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required.
Sunland Asphalt is an equal employment opportunity employer.