Responsible for providing customer service by responding to inquiries regarding product selection, services and issues. Associates will be responsible for knowledge on 20,000 products and 3 catalogues.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Responds to customer order and quotation requests received via the telephone, e-mail, written, and faxed correspondence within the department service goals.
- Provides full-scale, personalized customer service to dedicated accounts. Manages accounts as required, including order follow-up, reporting and analyzing customer data, and order follow-through. Resolves customer issues including issuance of credit concessions.
- Investigates order issues, resolves conflicts, and creates standard operating procedures for long-term resolution. Handles escalated customer calls.
- Researches and suggests alternative products to customers. Provides representation of products, increasing sales wherever appropriate or as requested.
- Utilizes computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Utilizes in-depth product knowledge to answer more specialized product calls.
- Trains other associates as needed and serves as mentor for new hires.
- Assists with systems testing.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees’ professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.