Be the driving force of your success!
Come join our Award Winning Team.
Sunland Asphalt & Construction, LLC. strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work because here at Sunland Asphalt our vision is: ‘To be the best place in the world to work.‘
Voted as one of Phoenix Business Journal’s ‘Best Places to Work,’ Sunland offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision
- Life/Disability Insurances
- Award Winning Peers & Projects
- And A Foundation Built on Safety
- The Civil Earthwork and Grading Foreman will assist the Superintendent with the daily production activities and assume supervisory duties when the Superintendent is absent. The Foreman will supervise and lead a team to conduct grading, utility work, road construction, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Sunland’s Core Values at the forefront.
- Directly supervise field personnel and direct them in all aspects of production.
- Must be an ambassador of safety and promotes and enforces a safety culture that complies with all federal, state, contract, and company regulations.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the Crew under his/her direction; ensure all Company employees and Subcontractors are adhering to Company safety policies and guidelines, to include, promoting job-site safety, encourage safe work practices, proactively identify job site hazards and rectify them immediately in conjunction with Superintendent.
- Conduct daily safety and job site meetings with Field Personnel and Subcontractors.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager, Superintendent, Project Engineer and other members of the team to coordinate production activities and production schedule.
- Oversee the execution of work, to ensure that Field Personnel are scheduled and complete the job within contract/job confines.
- periodically reassess daily goals to meet forecasted production.
- Review and inspect completed job and meet with Superintendent, Project Manager, and/or Project Engineer to rectify any concerns.
- responsible for maintaining daily logs and inputting job costs, material costs and labor, and maintaining daily logs into Company systems daily.
- Plan construction projects by studying plans, coordinating with Project Superintendent, Project Manager and Logistics Coordinator.
- Know all aspects of grading and have experience in operating all types of grading equipment, especially the ability to run finish blade.
- Plan construction projects by studying plans, coordinating with Project Superintendent, Project Manager and Project Engineer.
- Serve as key Company representative in the field, communicating with customers, Sub-contractors, vendors, and the General Public. Help to manage customer and public expectations and provide a high level of customer service.
- Any, and all other duties assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position directly supervises and trains crews of 2-5 employees. This position will not be directly involved in appraising performance, hiring or disciplinary actions.
- C ustomer Focus – Customer Orientation
- O wnership – Results Driven, Performance, Time and Stress Management and Composure
- R elationships – Teamwork Orientation, Diversity, and Inclusion
- E thics – Honesty, Integrity, Do the Right Thing
- S AFETY – The Foundation of Everything We Do
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the company’s drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state, and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite hazards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position operates at professional construction sites, requiring the ability to communicate with verbally others on site, in person and over the telephone, ability to read printed materials, signs and directions, stamina to maintain attention despite interruptions, ability to lift, push, pull, carry, handle or feel objects, supplies, tools, machinery and/or controls weighing up to 50 pounds and reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and/or ladders; balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift overhead, traverse around or otherwise position one’s self around the required work and safety requirements to navigating and perform activities on various construction sites in a safe manner.
- Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles, trailers, machinery, equipment, and other tools within local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- This position operates in a professional field environment. The position requires working outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS
- This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Must be willing to travel to any, and all jobsites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
Education and Work Experience
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience in heavy construction preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have computer skills and the ability to complete administrative tasks.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Must be fluent in English, i.e., must be able to speak, read and write English.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean motor-vehicle record. A CDL license is preferred and may even be required for some departments/divisions.
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required.
Sunland Asphalt is an equal employment opportunity employer and, as such, we consider individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be met. Discriminatory or harassing conduct in the workplace, whether committed by management or non-management employees or outside person (vendors, customer, etc.) is prohibited.
This job description is not meant to encompass all tasks and or job responsibilities, but rather it is meant to provide the employee with a general summary of what the position entails. Sunland Asphalt has the right to amend or revise this job description at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made when it does not impose an undue hardship on the company to do so.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management. Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.