Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Our organization is currently accepting applications for an outstanding Electrical Estimator II to be located on data center projects in Iowa. Electrical experience is required.
The Electrical Estimator is responsible for completing estimates for construction projects including quantity survey/pricing/budgeting/value analysis, preparing square foot estimates, systems-parametric estimates, detailed conceptual estimates, working drawing estimates, proposal/bid or GMP estimates, systems comparisons, historical cost reports and value engineering alternatives. In addition, this person will provide superior service to owners/architects/engineers, participate in the preconstruction process, and advise on issues that pose a potential cost or schedule problem. .
What You’ll Do:
- Be able to put together conceptual estimates based off of minimal information to help inform and direct our clients at the beginning stages of a project.
- Provide life cycle analysis and be able to analyze the benefits of different systems with our clients
- Solicit and manage electrical trade partners throughout the preconstruction process
- Aid in building electrical estimating databases and managing the electrical estimating process
- Manage cost history for electrical systems and processes
- Determine costs associated with electrical applications
- Contact local building trades, subcontractors, suppliers, government offices, etc. to understand and verify local market conditions, trade practices and costs
- Analyze manpower and equipment requirements for specific self-perform operations
- Understand the impact of general conditions and contract language; review with project team
- Coordinate building systems and schedules with Operations to plan and budget for safety on each project
- Utilize conceptual estimating skills and identify items required for complete systems, even if not outlined on construction documents
- Make decisions in a timely manner; understand when to involve upper management in decisions; assess level of risk and consequences associated
- Understand the clients’ needs to manage the process efficiently, ensure timely completion, understand local logistics/subcontractor and supplier market, and how BIM/LEED/LEAN can be best utilized
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: A college degree in a construction related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of six (6) years’ experience of extensive estimating in a construction field is required. Proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring others successfully.
- Skills: Independent judgment, business acumen, judgment, client relations, negotiation, decision making, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective internal and external communication, project management, team leadership, tact, adaptability and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for an Electrical Estimator.
- Technology: Proficiency with operating systems and basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Employee must have experience with onscreen takeoffs and the ability to learn other specific software.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.