Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
We are currently accepting applications for talented Estimators (various levels) to be located at our West Palm Beach, FL office. This candidate should have experience viewing and understanding plans, project management skills, performing take-offs and tabulating sub-bids.
The Estimator supports the estimating team by preparing complete portions of an estimate for construction projects. Duties include quantity surveying, pricing, bid solicitation, working within the estimating system, compiling cost history and preparing systems comparisons. Typically, the Estimator III reports to the most senior estimator in the assigned business location.
What You’ll Do:
- Quantity surveying, pricing, bid solicitation, compiling cost history, and preparing systems comparisons
- Quick creative thinking and the capability of meeting deadlines
- Develop constructability review and identify potential risks inherent to the project
- Organize subcontractor and vendor solicitation as directed
- Participate in or assist with Supply Chain procurement plan process
- Generate schematic estimates of projects assigned. Pricing based on historical data and adjusting pricing as needed to allow for project conditions
- Research and prepare cost analysis reports
- Obtain the review of owner contracts, and general and supplementary conditions by the company’s risk management group
- Ability to compare and analyze various systems and related cost impacts
- Other duties as assigned
- Business travel may be required
What We’re Looking For:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability necessary to succeed in this role:
- Education: An industry-related college degree is highly preferred. High school diploma is required.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of construction estimating responsibility is required for this position.
- Skills: This position requires schematic estimating skills, including the ability to identify items required for complete systems even if not delineated on construction documents, and the ability to mentally schedule and construct a building from drawings. Must have ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with clients, architects, subcontractors, suppliers, and project teams. Organization, quick creative thinking and the ability balance and prioritize projects with impending deadlines. A qualified candidate will be able to compare and analyze various systems and related cost impacts, as well as solid leadership skills and coaching direct reports.
- Technology: Candidate should be familiar or proficient in On Screen Takeoff, WinEst, Bluebeam, Revit, and other estimating software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.