ABOUT THE ROLE
The production service team ensures customer issues are addressed to the customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner in accordance with Cavco warranties and commitments. Ensuring ongoing customer loyalty and brand support is a key driver of production service team success.
The Production Service Technician resolves customer issues on site at times identifying and addressing the defect issues themselves within Cavco’s warranties and commitments. He/she assists customers with understanding their product purchase. This role may work independently or under direct supervision executing specific process steps under continuous quality review and coaching as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs and repairs Cavco products, and performs on-site post-installation repair, calibration, and maintenance as scheduled or required, applying knowledge of electronics, electrical circuits, and appliances.
- Checks work orders and related manuals, blueprints, and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment, and parts needed for installation of repair assignment.
- Discusses assignment with customer’s representative and inspects installation site to verify that electrical supply wires, conduit, switches, and circuit breakers are installed according to specifications.
- Tests electrical components, such as wiring, switches, and relays, using testing instruments, and replaces faulty components, using hand tools.
- Conducts routine preventative maintenance according to established guidelines and schedules.
- Insures that Cavco products meet defined specifications
- May train customers in operation of equipment.
- May repair faulty printed circuit boards.
- May be on-call and perform emergency repairs during off-business hours.
- High school graduate with some college
- 2 – 4 years previous relevant, related experience
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues
- Demonstrated in-depth customer service history
- Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-management, internal, and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment • Attention to detail
- Have a good driving record