TD Industries has an exciting opportunity for a strong leader to direct MEP trade leaders and crews on commercial construction projects. This position will be involved in projecting manpower needs for MEP trade crews, including – plumbing, piping, welding, HVAC, sheet metal, and other mechanical crews. Examples of common projects we build include healthcare facilities, data centers, mission critical projects, manufacturing facilities, office complexes, education, high-rises, multi-family projects, and others.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 75 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the “100 Best Places to Work”, “Top 50 Training Organizations” and “Top 30 Companies to Retire From” due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Manages, coaches and develops direct reports to achieve performance goals and company objectives. Conducts timely, complete and meaningful performance management conversations.
- Works with Superintendents in determining manpower levels and overall work schedules to ensure the smooth flow of work throughout the Business Unit. Responsible for hiring craft/trade workers for the various construction projects.
- Reviews job cost, production, safety and quality on projects to ensure satisfactory progression and ensures the project reaches cost, margin and profit objectives.
- Visits job sites to perform work inspections to ensure conformance to specifications as well as to check job progress and resolve project and contract issues.
- Monitors craft compliance with project safety program requirements and works to ensure safety hazards are eliminated from the job site to reduce safety incidents and severity.
- Oversees the development and implementation of LEAN processes and construction techniques across the Business Unit to ensure efficiencies in construction practices.
- Manages the development of technical training for field personnel.
- Oversees the Business Unit’s procurement and material inventory as well as the tool program for deployment across construction projects.
- 10+ years of mechanical construction leadership experience.
- Prior experience as a Superintendent or similar function is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, submittals, specifications, details and job orders.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, delegate and control the work process.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations.