Job Description The Internship Program is more than a summer job–it’s a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn from great people, prepare for a rewarding career and gain real life experiences in construction management. We provide a combination of Superintendent, Preconstruction, and Project Manager experiences–or you have the option of focusing on just one.
In these programs, you will gain hands-on experience working with our teammates in a dynamic and culturally-driven team environment. As an intern you will have the opportunity to work face-to-face with our clients, architects, subcontractors and partners, assist with construction documentation, as well as get your hands dirty on job walks and site visits.
If teaming with subcontractors and architects to exceed a client’s vision is your ideal day, then working with our Superintendents is where you need to be. Our Superintendents are responsible for managing and coordinating all field activities, while maintaining a safe and secure site. Responsibilities include:
- Project Meetings
- Scope Verification
- LEAN Knowledge and Experience
- Daily Reports
- Task Specific Safety Plans
- Quality Control
- Field Technology (Plangrid, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- and more!
Up for the difficult task of turning a client’s dreams into reality—while staying within budget? Using innovative technology, subcontractor participation and historical data, you’ll be working with our Preconstruction team creating comprehensive budgets through exercises such as:
- Invitation to Bid Documents
- Job Walks
- Pre-Bid Checklists
- Estimating and Virtual Construction Software (BIM, On-Screen Takeoff, etc.)
- Building CM@Risk Estimates
- and more!
PROJECT MANAGER FOCUS
Consider yourself a master organizer? Our Project Managers juggle numerous projects, ensuring their budget, documentation and communication are meeting and exceeding agreed-upon goals. If this is right up your alley, you’ll be working on a variety of tasks including:
- Pricing Exercises
- Plan Overlays
- Drafting Contracts
- Meeting Minutes
- Project Management Software (CMiC, Plangrid, etc.)
- and more!
- Successful candidates should be currently obtaining a bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction engineering, or a related field.
- Motivated individual with excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization skills that prove your ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Passion for life and the construction industry.