Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Contrack Watts Inc. is seeking an Electrical Procurement Engineer to be located out of the McLean, VA office.
The Procurement Engineer is responsible for the specifications review, bid preparation, quote solicitation and evaluation, orders placement for materials and services, submittals review highlighting variations, material shipment monitoring in coordination with the logistics department, and facilitation of communication between site, main office and suppliers.
What You’ll Do:
- Placement and management of purchase orders, schedules and availability of parts required to meet projects’ schedules.
- Developing supplier work statements, soliciting proposals, establishing negotiation parameters, developing supplier strategies, negotiating cost, establishing unit pricing, ordering and scheduling of material production.
- Working closely with the Logistics Department to ensure proper supplies timely arrival.
- Tracing delinquent arrivals from Purchase Orders and expedites orders as needed.
- Resolving discrepancies and obtains credits and refunds in a timely manner.
- Managing supplier performance and ensuring satisfactory contract performance is maintained and developing new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Issuing and maintaining department reports including procurement status and budget tracking.
- Perform other department duties as directed by senior department members including material inspection at consolidation warehouse, attending factory testing, facilitating conferences with suppliers and design/projects teams, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience: A minimum of three (3) years purchasing experience in construction or related industry. Recent graduates with previous internship experience in a construction role may be considered.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe.
- Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to handle multiple packages on different projects in a timely fashion. They should also demonstrate understanding of material work planning and engineering methods in addition to purchasing requirements. Strong organization skills with ability to work independently or in a team requiring little direction to complete tasks/objectives.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.