Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
Contrack Watts, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer located in Silverdale, WA.
The Project Engineer assists the Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager and Project Superintendent in project planning, buyout, project management and close-out for one or more assigned projects. The Project Engineer actively gathers information on the status of his/her projects and keeps the Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager informed of issues that could affect schedule and budget. This position also assists in maintaining a focus on safety throughout project duration. The Project Engineer typically reports to the Project Manager or other assigned Manager.
- Support the business unit safety program.
- Assist with the preparation of the project safety plan.
- Participate in cost reporting and updating.
- Obtain contract drawings, specifications, and other pertinent information necessary for the completion of the project and distribute copies to the project manager, superintendent, material suppliers, and subcontractors as needed.
- Prepare overall project schedule with input from the project superintendent and the project manager and update the schedule monthly.
- Request, receive, and tabulate bids as directed.
- Negotiate assigned subcontracts, purchase orders, and draft agreements.
- Obtain, review, approve, and process in a timely manner, all shop drawings and product submittals. Stay abreast of delivery dates and keep the project manager and superintendent informed of changes that affect the project schedule.
- Review project documents for any changes that save money or improve the overall quality of the project.
- Assist with preparation of periodic owner status reports as may be required for the project.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed as a Project engineer.
- Education: Industry related college degree is required.
- Experience: A minimum of one year of Project Engineer experience. Heavy civil and NAVFAC experience is preferred.
- Skills: Good engineering and construction management skills are important. Individual must have good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the owner, architect, and The Weitz Company project team. A high level of integrity is required. Good time management and project organization skills are essential. Microsoft Office proficiency is important.
- Systems: Must be proficient in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, Excel), and must be able to learn project management software (JDE, Procore, P6, Prolog, Asta, Bluebeam, etc.).
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.