The Service Tech II (intermediate level) performs inspections, testing, repairs, servicing, and planned maintenance of HVAC Systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the “100 Best Places to Work”, “Top 50 Training Organizations” and “Top 30 Companies to Retire From” due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Diagnoses HVAC system performance through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position and type/size of equipment to include split systems up to 25 tons, mini split systems, 3 tons/multizone, RTUS up to 50 tons, WSHP up to 15 tons, self-contained systems, CRAC units, scroll/reciprocating air cooled chillers, airside, AHUs and EFs. Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment.
- Performs disassembly and reassembly of large or small commercial or residential HVAC equipment to perform troubleshooting and planned maintenance as indicated in the service agreement.
- Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service calls while maintaining profitability. Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Participates in technician on-call-stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer as evidenced by past driving performance record. Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy, and adheres to all company safety requirements.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
Must possess required registrations, professional licenses and/or certifications as required by the position.
2-5 years of experience as a Service Technician.
Required — HVAC Unitary skills: split system – all brands up to 25 tons, mini-split system – up to 3 ton heat pump and all brands MultiZone, roof top units – all brands up to 50 tons, water source heat pumps – all brands up to 15 tons, self-contained systems – water-cooled and air cooled with remote condenser and CRAC units – Leibert/data-aire/Stultz.
Required — HVAC Chillers skills: Air-cooled chillers – Scroll/reciprocating.
Required — HVAC Airside skills: Fan Powered Box, VAV Box, VFD Theory. Air Handler: Theory of AHU operation and Theory of control valve operation. Exhaust fans: Centrifugal Up blast Roof Fans and Centrifugal Inline Fan.