VDC Engineer/Manager: Additional Details
Major Functions of Position
At PENTA, a VDC Engineer or Manager is responsible for:
• Creating, obtaining, evaluating, coordinating, and distributing 3-dimensional BIM models for use by business development, preconstruction, and operations.
• Communicating the benefits of and how to implement VDC to clients, industry partners and PENTA employees.
• Contributing with development of company-wide standards to facilitate VDC / BIM implementation.
• Participating in development of training program to share procedures, standards, lessons learned, and “best practices.”
• Assisting with development of VDC related software and hardware advancements and the implementation for all departments.
• Supporting with providing company-wide technological problem resolution and support.
• Supporting VDC operations for preconstruction projects as required.
• Assisting VDC operations for construction projects where needed.
• Performing all essential Project Engineer and VDC related responsibilities that are assigned but may not be listed here.
Desired Skills & Experience
We trust that you have:
• Bachelor and/or master’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction disciplines are preferred.
• Minimum of one to three years of project experience working for an architect, engineer, contractor, or prime subcontractor.
• A VDC Manager will have several additional years of experience in a related VDC position.
• A thorough understanding of all building systems and construction methods.
• Ability to be flexible, detail-oriented while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to multi-task, produce quality deliverables, and meet project-based deadlines.
• Competency with BIM software (Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, etc.). Experience in the use of BIM software (Tekla, SketchUp, Synchro, Lumion) is a plus.
• Competency with field technology and software (laser scanning, drone operations, site control/layout).
• Basic knowledge of project management software: Viewpoint Vista and/or Autodesk Construction Cloud is a plus.
• Positive attitude and eagerness to embrace new technology and tools in the industry.
What we offer:
• A fun and enjoyable work environment
• Sick Pay
• Paid vacation
• Incentive compensation
• Team Events
• Wellness Program
• Employer paid Dependent Care
• Volunteer opportunities through PENTA C.A.R.E.S Foundation
As an employee focused company, PENTA offers a unique culture that is comfortable and fun to work in. In addition to health and welfare benefits, we offer company sponsored events for our employees as well as extensive training and development programs to help pursue their career goals.